Wednesday, December 28, 2011

CHRISTMAS ON CRACK........

I'm back in Kansas after a pretty much perfect Christmas back home. Mom does it up big every year and this year was no exception. Eventhough it was a "low-key Christmas" (her words, not mine) it was still Christmas on crack a wonderful week.  I don't think that woman knows how to do ANYTHING low-key....let alone a major holiday.

It would be pretty impossible to write all of the details of the week, so I will just post pics and let those tell the stories.....

The house:


Home for the holidays!!!
This house still believes.......

The family room tree with all of our family ornaments.

Stockings...Notice that Crystal's is front and center.  Whatev.

You can never have too many Santa hats!


Entry hall table. Leopard print Santa is my favorite!!!!!!

Another entry hall table.

All of Dad's "sporty Santas" that keep him company in his home office.

Formal living room bar complete with Christmas carol clock. Yes, it is as annoying as it sounds.

Butler's pantry bar. We have several bars in our house! HA!

Don't worry...The Santas are safe. This stove has never been turned on! HA!


The Fun:
I made hanging out with my favorite girl a priority . Obvi.

Mom made festive Christmas Eve drinks.

Mrs. Claus at the bar in her kitchen.

Uncle Ed...being a good sport.

Dad and I also went and volunteered at the soup kitchen on Christmas Eve morning. I didn't get a picture of that because they made me wear a hair net and it was NOT CUTE.  We had so much fun and hopefully something we will make a tradition (the volunteering, not the hair net).  Let's see...what else....

The Prezies:

As usual, I cleaned up this Christmas. My new hardwood floors were supposed to be my official Christmas gift and I had been warned SEVERAL times that there would only be a few things underneath the tree this year for me.  And I was ok with that as long as those few things were fabulous.....

And, yes, I know I am a spoiled brat.......

Hard to tell in the pic...but they are the Chanel Bow sunnies. Complete with quilted case. DIE.

Pink Beats by Dr. Dre.  Love. Love. Love. Sported them in the airport on the way home and got three compliments....and we all know how much I love compliments. HA!
Tory Burch bracelet from the bestie. Perfection.
Steve Madden Rhinestone Loafers. Have you ever seen a more "Amanda shoe"?!?!

On top of all the "big" presents I got a ton of little things that I love just as much including candles, rhinestone scissors, Nordy's gift certificates, perfume, a mesh bracelet, Punch Boxing Gym membership, a spa gift certificate, hearts to add to my collection, 2 bottles of wine, a darling diva ornament, plus about a zillion other things. Gheesh....I'm kinda embarassed when I read it all back to myself. I know what you are thinking...I totally deserve it all.  HA!

Anyways, I had the best time at home and can't wait for my Mom to come out in February. She has already made her flight reservations so I know she is coming for sure. YEAH!  I was sad to leave Cali, but happy to come home and see Lulu and the bestie.  Conference play starts next week and I am super nervous. That Christmas wine is going to come in MIGHTY handy!

Smooches, 

THE DARLING DIVA 

No comments:

Post a Comment