Monday, July 25, 2011

BUON COMPLEANNO SAWYER!

Can you guys believe it?!?!? I am fluent in Italian!  Well, kind of.  As long as I have my iPad and can google, "Happy Birthday in Italian" I will have zero problems communicating on my trip! HA! I guess I should start practicing a little.....ITALY is only 15 days away! For all my non-blilingual friends, Buon Compleanno means, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  Sunday was my little man, Sawyer's, 2nd birthday party.  And a PAR-TAY it was!  Leslie went with the Superman theme and she nailed it. Everything from the invites to the cookies (obvi, I noticed the cookies) were Superman themed........

The birthday boy.
 Hudson, making his Aunt Amanda proud...DOMINATING the frosting.
Sawyer didn't dissapoint me either :)

My prezie to Sawyer.  Of course, wrapped according to the theme!

I ended up getting Sawyer a KU pallacanestro (basketball) jersey and a Jayhawk book (DUH). Since both his parents are Jayhawks, I'm not too concerned that he isn't going to be raised correctly, but I still like to help brainwash them when they are little.  I missed a lake day to be there but I'm so glad I went. There is nothing like hanging out with your FOREVER FRIENDS.


I also did a lot of la spesa (shopping) this weekend for Italy.  It is going to be molto caldo (hot) when we are there so I am going with summer dresses and skirts.  I have found several of these at my favorite bargain places like TJ MAXX and Target. I have to wait until I get paid at the begining of Agosto (August) to finish up, but I am pretty confident that I am on the right track!

In less glamorous news, I got a new spazzatura (garbage) disposal this weekend.  Yuck.  Not as exciting as Italy shopping, but still very important. I was wondering what the heck that smell in my house was! HA!

As you all can probably tell, I am mastering the Italian language pretty quickly. NOT. I am planning, however, on snagging a hot Italian hunk at the begining of my trip to help me translate. I am not too concerned about the language barrier though. Luckily, I am fluent in the language of LOVE! HA!



BACIO (SMOOCHES),

THE DARLING DIVA

No comments:

Post a Comment