Wednesday, July 20, 2011

WEDNESDAY RANDOMS

Hey Dolls! Anybody missed me? HA. Sorry that this post is going to be so random, but it has been hotter than heck here and I can hardly think straight....I mean seriously, people are DYING here in the midwest from the heat.  I have had to put Lulu's two-a-day training program on hold because it is still 100 degrees at 10:00 PM....NOT lying.  It has been good for my tan though. Lora told me last night that my feet were tan...MAJOR compliment in the FOREVER FRIENDS. Really, all you can do is laugh about it though...and crank up the AC.  I am headed to Walmart tonight to pick up a fan. Hopefully that will help.  Here is a funny little text that my friend, Brooke, sent me...........................

BAHAHAHAHA....................Midwest humor:)

I got my new iPod this morning and I'm so excited.  Obviously, I got the pink one. I can't believe I even questioned the decision.  And, since Momma gifted it to me, she got a shout out on the back...................
Free engraving!  Gotta love the Apple Store.  Isn't "she" cute? I will call her PJ for "Pinky Junior."  I am so excited to put my music on (or have Hudy put my music on there) and jam out on my runs.  I have been missing that this past week. 

ANNOUNCEMENT! ANNOUNCEMENT! .....One of my best friends from college, Amanda, and her husband had their little boy, Grant, in June and I just got this little gem in the mail today.....


They named him William Grant Esch and are calling him Grant, which is Amanda's maiden name. Love the name and love him.  There is some tiny Jayhawk gear headed his way...........

Switching gears.....I have been a leetle pre-occupied with my Italy packing. 1 suitcase for 10 days has this girl in a bit of a panic. Our volleyball team took the same trip in May and the video girl came back and told me that it was pointless to even take my hairdryer it is so hot.  WHAT?!?! That is not happening. I will have my hairdryer AND my rollers AND my makeup on the trip. I just need to figure out how to pack it all. I am open to suggestions because, otherwise,  this is most certainly going to be me....................

ITALY countdown................20 days.

Things at work are crazy.....Bonnie and the rest of my yahoos (assistant coaches) are heading out on the road again tomorrow morning and we have had only two days to prepare. Not fun.  The first half of July went off with only ONE problem so I am hoping the second half follows just the same. Tonight we have our booster club's annual meeting. Things are busy-busy here.  I like busy-busy though.

Anyhoo, not much else is going on. Lulu has finally adjusted to the new floors.  My diet is going good. My diet coke project is going bad. Shame on me.   I am in desperate need of a pedicure and a deep hair conditioning but that will have to wait until the weekend. 

I know this was just a bunch of mumbo-jumbo but that is my life in a blogshell. Hopefully I will start making sense again when this heat is turned off.....which they say won't happen for at least a week.  JOY.


I am ready for some football weather!  


Smooches,

THE DARLING DIVA





No comments:

Post a Comment