Thursday, July 28, 2011

SADDLE UP, RHINESTONE COWGIRL!

Howdy Partners!!!! I thought this was going to be just another lake weekend but I just got some exciting news. The bestie scored tix to the Kenny Chesney concert at Arrowhead Stadium for this Saturday afternoon. HEEE-HAWWW, Y'ALL!!!!! I am sooooo looking foward to getting out of town and doing something non-basketball, non-KU Athletics....basically, non-Lawrence.   Kenny doesn't necessarily "start my tractor" but I do like his music and the Zac Brown Band is opening up for him and I am obsessed with them, so it should be a fabulous time. The only downside is that it starts at 4:30 and it's outside.   It is scortching hot here in the midwest, and we all know I'm not a big fan of sweating unless I'm in a gym or out at the lake.  My first thought was a dress (duh)...but we have lawn seats, so a dress probably isn't a good idea. Instead I've decided to go with the standard tank-top, shorts, and flips combo. I do love a good theme though, so I am trying to think of something "cowgirl" to wear to blend in. A cowboy hat is out of the question (not covering up the locks) and cowboy boots would be way too hot. Suggestions? Maybe I should take up chewing. I won't be carrying a big purse but, whatever I end up carrying,  there MUST be room for my camera because I have a feeling this will be awesome people watching. Pics on Monday!!!!!!!




Smooches,

THE DARLING DIVA

No comments:

Post a Comment