Friday, July 15, 2011

THE DAY THE MUSIC DIED

Bummer news....."Pinky" passed away late last night/early this morning.  My trusty sidekick.....my pink iPod.  I loved that thing. Bonnie gave her to me three Christmases ago in a desperate attempt to get me to ditch my disc-man. Apparently I was an embarassement in hotel workout rooms.  She was a great iPod. I literally used her EVERY DAY of the last three years. She had been sick for a while though so I'm happy she has found some peace. First, her screen was blank....but she still played.  Second, her sound couldn't be adjusted.....but she still played (Although really loudly.  I wished she would have gotten stuck at a lower volume). Third, she wouldn't allow me to skip songs and I had to listen to whatever song she chose next.....but she still played.  This morning I woke up and Pinky was quiet........never to play again. I want to thank Pinky for being there for me through everything these past few years.  She was there for me every morning at 5:30 am workouts. She was there for me every bus ride and plane trip for work. And she was there for me whenever I needed to just zone out and listen to my favorite tunes. She had seen and experienced a lot with me.  Probably her biggest accomplishment was getting me through the plane ride from Cali to KS when I had heard "HE" had been spotted with another girl out and about on the town while I was gone. I think she played Michelle Branch's, "Goodbye To You"  for me no less than 1,000 times that trip.  She was a great friend, constant companion and my best therapy.

THANKS PINKY.......YOU WERE THE BEST!

Side note: Since there can probably never be another Pinky, I was looking at the Apple website for other colors. What do you all think? Blue? Orange? Lime Green?



Obviously......Who am I kidding? Of course it has to be another pink one.


Smooches,

THE DARLING DIVA

No comments:

Post a Comment