Wednesday, August 31, 2011

CHRISTMAS IN AUGUST

Pink or red? Apples or oranges? Beer or wine? Nike or Adidas? I have to make a lot of decisions on a daily basis. Thankfully,  the last one is made for me.........KU is an "Adidas School." That means that not only does Adidas sponsor all of our teams here, it also sponosors it's employees, me included. Growing up at a Nike school (Stanford) and then competing for a Nike School (KU used to be Nike)  it took some time adjusting to not having a swoosh on everything. But it's been five years now and it's safe to say that I am fully converted. Side note: Throughout his million of years at Stanford, Dad refused to use his Nike bucks. He had some moral stance against it. Meanwhile, all the other coaches kids were walking around in the latest Nike shoes and clothes and Bo and I had to rock LA Gears with holes in them (Slight exaggeration, but you get the point) . He seems to have no problem using MY Adidas bucks though.....Weird, I'm confused. Just kidding. Dad does EVERYTHING for me. The least I can do it throw a pair of sneaks his way.  Anyhoo....most of the Adidas clothes in the catalog don't necessarily float my boat so I end up buying for my family and friends.  We get to order twice a year and, after I buy all of my running kicks for the season, I usually have a hefty amount left over.  
I got home last night and had two huge boxes waiting for me on my front porch. I won't share the adult shoes with everyone...they are way boring. But I love shopping for the kiddos because Adidas is super creative for the little tykes. So here is what was in yesterday's delivery.........................

Harrison's


Hudson's

Tiny's




In the last shipment I got Molly's son, Jackson, his first pair of workout shoes and she just posted this pic on her facey......



How cute is he in his little Adidas sneakers?!?! Eventhough his Momma is a Jayhawk, his Dad is a Missouri Tiger so I need to make sure he has PLENTY of appropriate clothes to guarantee he doesn't go down the wrong path in life........It's a slippery slope.

I ended up getting shoes for my Mom and Dad too. Sorry, Bo and Robin, it's all about Tiny now. Don't worry though, I hear they are making LA Gear in adult sizes now. HA!

Smooches,

THE DARLING DIVA

No comments:

Post a Comment