Friday, August 5, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BESTIE!

Isn't the cake cute? I asked them to make a huge beer can with her name on it. It turned out perfect and, most importantly,  delicious!



Last night was Hudy's birthday party and it was a BLAST.  RyRy and I hosted it at a new bar in town, Six Mile Tavern. I picked up Hudy at 6:15 and she was ready right on time.  Funny how she is ready promptly when the party is for her.  Every other night I would have been waiting on her FOREVER.  HA! First we took her out to dinner at our favorite mexican place and then headed over to the bar. It was soon filled with people from work, friends from the lake, and others we know around town. I just floated around and took pics of the crowd, fufilling my hostess role. Everyone seemed to have a smile on their face and a drink in their hand so I think I did  my job well.  The happiest of everyone was Hudy. Boy, she loves to be the center of attention. HA!   The only thing missing from the night was Coach O.  It's situations like last night that make me realize how much I miss her and used to rely on her socially. We would have been posted up in the corner discussing everyone's outfits because we, after all, are perfect!  HA! 

Here are some more pics from the night.  I'm only in just a couple because I prefer to be behind the lense :)






Notice the poster behind everyone. I got it made at Kinko's and had everyone sign it. I didn't get a pic of it though. Shame on me.

Coach Self came.  Love him, but he needs a shave. I may have even told him that:)  


I sometimes daydream about what I would do if I weren't in college athletics.  Usually, I decide that I would be a high school teacher and athletics director. But, after last night, I think I could for sure be a party planner.  When I was leaving the owner of the bar came up to me and thanked me for deciding to have the party at his bar.  I just looked at him and said, "I bring the people." HA!

Italy preperations are in full swing.....Four days and counting.....I pretty much have everything I need except an outfit for the Vatican. They just told me there is a dress code and no v-neck shirts are allowed. I seriously don't think I own a non-v-neck shirt.  GAP, here I come........  


Smooches,

THE DARLING DIVA

No comments:

Post a Comment