Wednesday, September 14, 2011

THIS AND THAT

Howdy Y'ALL!!! I don't know why I said that. It just seems like a "howdy" type of mornin'!  I don't really have that much to report on so I thought I would wrap up a couple little loose ends I have had laying around in my blogging notebook....otherwise known as my head.

THIS: I totes forgot to blog about the funniest thing I saw at the football game on Saturday.  Well, first off, one more shout out to the football team. Way to play with some heart, boys.  Keep sawin' wood!  Long story short...I kind of had a hard time finding Manager Jamie's tailgate on Saturday.  We had a leettle "miscommunication" on exactly where it was. That led me to do a little wandering around the stadium in search of a "big, red, Ford F-150". Like there aren't TEN THOUSAND of those at a KANSAS football game. GHEESH! Anyhoo, there I was, walking with my cute little tray of KU cupcakes when, out of nowhere, I was almost run over by this thing........


It's called the Peddal Hopper..."The Party You Pedal." It was hilarious and looked like so.much.fun! I almost hopped right on!  I quickly juggled my cupcakes and got my phone out to snap this pic.  I went to their website and I guess you can rent it for birthdays, games, wedding, bachey parties....you name it!  I know it has probably been around for a while but I am usually not wandering around outside the games so this was my first time seeing it! What a great idea!


THAT: It has been well documented on this blog that a little week-night trip to my local TJ-MAXX can put a little pep in this girly's step. I am a firm believer in retail therapy and I fully consider myself a "Maxxinista".  I don't necessarily have to buy anything, I just like wandering around the store!  But Monday I found something I couldn't resist.....




SEQUINED BLACK SNOW BOOTS....and for only $29.99. I died! I used to be one of those girls who would have cringed at the thought of buying fake Uggs, otherwise know as "fuggs."  But I am over that now. Every single pair of real Uggs I have ever bought have been stained the first time wearing them and, therefore, ruined.  And lets be real for a sec....I don't think Uggs or Fuggs are cute at all. But they keep my feet warm and cozy when I'm letting Lulu potty after a snow storm and they are good for a quick run to the store during a blizzard. But I have never been one of those girls who wears them as a fashion accessory.  That doesn't mean I have to only buy the plain, old, ugly, boring ones though!  A little bit of sparkle can make the standard KU sweatsuit fabulous! HA!

OK, well there is my THIS AND THAT for today. I'm sure I'll have more tomorrow.  I am trying to get my coaches on the road and then help prepare for Bonnie's golf tournament on Saturday. I have to admit, I'm not really looking forward to it. Eventhough it's a great event, it is a REALLY long day. Maybe I can rent the Pedal Hopper to drive around the golf course!  HA!

Stay fabulous everyone!

Smooches,

THE DARLING DIVA

No comments:

Post a Comment