Wednesday, September 28, 2011

SOMETIMES THE HARDEST STEP IS THE FIRST ONE......

....and I think I may be ready to take it.  I apologize in advance for the mini-rant you are all about to read but I've been thinking a lot about this kinda stuff lately and the past couple of days it's been in the front of my mind.  I'm sick of work. Can't stand it.  I know this is something that everybody experiences.  I mean, who is happy in their job all the time? But I'm just ready for a change so I am just going to write down all my options as I see them right now. Ready? GO.........

Option #1 (and probably the most popular option with my most faithful blog readers. HA!) : I could move home to California,  go to grad school, and be close to my family.  All of those things sound fantastic! I'm just not sure that is the best option for me socially. Stockton isn't necessarily a hot-bed for the early 30's crowd and my emotional and biological clocks are ticking :)

Option #2:  I could pick up and move to VA and have a place to stay for free while I get myself on my feet. Socially, that would be great, and there is something exciting about starting over fresh and being able to re-invent myself. I'm just not sure if it's the best move professionally. Who goes from a full-time job with benefits to a waitressing job with no health insurance? But, then again, those clocks keep ticking and VA might be the better option to make them STOP......

Option #3: Stay here in Lawrence and find another job. I would be able to keep my cute little house and stay close with my best friends. I have heard of a couple of opportunities that have interested me. I just need to buck up and take the first step.   I really do love Lawrence and it's hard to imagine living anywhere else. 

Obviously, I have a lot to think about. The good news is, with all my options, I would be safe and would be around people who love me and would take care of me.  
Please don't take away from this blog that I am completely unhappy. I am most certainly NOT. I have the best family, the greatest friends, the best dog, and the cutest house. I'm just ready to spice things up a bit.  I am a firm believer that the happiest girls are the prettiest girls so trust that I am going to slap a smile on my face while I take my time to make some serious decisions.  I don't want to regret anything.  But SOMETHING needs to change.

Again, I apologize for the long post today but I had to get this stuff off my chest.  I don't want to sound totally self consumed but:


HA!
Smooches,

THE DARLING DIVA

1 comment:

  1. My bestie recently moved home to Fresno & the lack of dudes there has been frustrating for her so I know what you mean! Good luck with your decision. Go Jayhawks!

    ReplyDelete