Monday, September 19, 2011

TOUCHE, MOTHER NATURE. TOUCHE!

Mother Nature can be a real biatch!!! 

This was me. All day Saturday.  We had Bonnie's golf tournament this weekend and the Weather Gods apparently didn't get the memo!   It poured pretty much all morning and was FREEZING!  We spent the morning moving registration and the auction to different locations around the course until we settled in the golf-cart barn.  Yep, registraton was in a barn. Welcome to Kansas. We were initially stressed out about people showing up but, as usual, our fans didn't dissapoint us. Every single team showed up to play and support Kansas Women's Basketball AND LMH Breast Cancer Research. The tournament went off without a hitch!!! And, as if Mother Nature had a sudden change of heart, right when we were scheduled to tee off the weather cleared up. But don't give her too much credit.....by cleared up I mean it didn't rain anymore.  It was still freezing and overcast all day. But, at that point, we weren't about to complain!   Despite all the added stress, our staff still had a pretty good time. We did what we always do at these kind of things and just laughed our way through the day..............

Aqua and Chester with their new golf/rain hats.


Tory sporting the standard "Think Pink" polo.


Me and Cappie. Me carrying around my iPad....stalking the weather channel.

The annual team pic.

I don't want y'all to leave this post with these gloomy images in your mind of our little ole golf tourney. It is actually one of my favorite events we do.  Usually we get fabulous weather and everyone gets to sport darling pink outfits. We raise a ton of money for breast cancer research and we are so thankful to the people who come out year after year, play, and spend money.  Here are some pics from our tournament in years past. Sigh.......


 

Oh well. We still had a wonderful day. I wish I could say the same for our football team. Ouch.  But I still have faith!  They have a much needed bye week this week so there is time to regroup and get better. Rock Chalk forever!

I get my hair done today and it I am in desperate need. I was kind of bummed that it wasn't going to be done for the golf tournament but it all worked out because I ended up wearing a hood all day. Maybe Mother Nature was looking out for me afterall! HA!

Smooches,

THE DARLING DIVA

No comments:

Post a Comment