Thursday, May 5, 2011

IT'S NOT GOODBYE.....IT'S SEE YA LATER!

Welp, she is on the plane. I woke up this morning to cold and rain, which pretty much reflects my mood about the whole thing. I just keep looking at the door expecting her to walk in, just as she had every day for the past 7 years.  I know this is the best thing for her and I am so proud of her but I still miss her BIG. She is coming back next weekend so I am just pretending she is away recruiting. I chose denial as my coping mechanism. HA!

Last night we were packing her up we were all pretty sad so we decided to do what we do best......party.  We sent out some emails and some texts and about 20 people and 6 dogs showed up to wish Katie good luck. It was a great night. Gosh, she is popular! HA!





Final staff pic with Katie. Tear.


Cinco De Mayo is usually one of my favorite days of the year but since I can't have chips, can't have margaritas, and don't have one of my best friends, this holiday might be a little more somber then in the past. I can, though, have ONE HALF of ONE avacado so I am going to eat that with a spoon and pretend it is chips and quacamole. HA!  Maybe putting a lemon in my water will make me feel more festive! I know, I'm a party animal. I do have to say, however, that I am pretty proud of myself with this whole Atkins thing. Day 6 and I'm still going strong!  It is true that once you cut out the sugar and carbs, you eventually stop craving them or wanting them.  I didn't even TOUCH the cake or frosting last night. GO ME :) 

I hope everyone has a responsible and safe holiday!  I'm pretty exhausted after the past few days so Lulu and I are probably going to be curled up on the couch, wearing our sombraros, and eating ONE HALF of ONE avacado! HA!

Smooches,

THE DARLING DIVA 

1 comment: