Monday, May 23, 2011

PRODUCTIVE WEEKEND!

Friday night I hung out at Lora's house with her, her kiddos and her hubby. I love going over there because I can totally be comfy....meaning no makeup and wearing sweats. Hudson loves me no matter what I look like:) He has started loving going through my purse. He loves my lipsticks and spent a good amount of time on Friday night wearing my MAC pink lip gloss. It was hilarious.


Saturday was actually a really productive day. I woke up early and worked out. Then I got dressed and headed into KC to hang out with my friend Jamie. I had never seen her house before and it was darling! Jamie was a player for us when I first got my job and now she works in our office while finishing her grad degree. I have watched her grow from a college student athlete into a great young woman. We have taken a couple of vacations together and I consider her a good friend. Because I was so young when I got my job she is actually only two years younger then me so we have a lot in common. She just got word on Thursday that she got a full-time teaching job so we had a lot to celebrate.  We stopped at Nebraska Furniture Mart and looked at washer/dryer combos and then we went shopping(I got a tank top from Marshalls), then to dinner and a movie. We saw Bridesmaids. Loved it. It was kind of gross humor but it was entertaining. I stuck to my diet pretty well even though it was hard. I even brought Atkins candy for the movie. Whatever it takes! Ha!

Sunday morning I slept in and had no motivation to workout...so I didnt. I spent the morning watching TV and emailing with my Mom in Euroupe. Then I took a nap and woke up with the energy to tackle the inside of my house. To be honest my house is always straightened out but it isn't always clean. Well, Sunday was the day I would conquer that. It was me vs. my house and I came out on top! It took me three hours and I was literally on my hands and knees scrubbing. My least favorite thing? Cleaning the showers. Ugh! But in the end, it was worth it. The only rooms I didn't tackle were my laundry room and my guest room, which is subbing for my laundry room while things are being repaired. Here are some pics of the inside of my house. Doestn't it just sparkle?!?! HA!


Living room.

Living room.
Master bedroom.

Master bedroom.

Master bedroom.

Jewelry drawer.  One of two :)
Master bath.

Master bath.

Master bath.

Master bath.

 
Kitchen

Kitchen

Kitchen

Kitchen

Kitchen
Guest Bath.



******My house is tiny. Two bed/two bath. But it is perfect for just me and Lulu. My family, friends, and I have put a lot of work into it. New bathrooms and new painting on top of lots of other things and I am very proud. I will post pics of my outside once I spruce it up with summer flowers. I hope to get that done this week!

Sunday night I went over to Lora's grandpa's and hung out. I had cleaned out my jewel drawer and brought my extra goodies to Lora's 8 year old cousin. I'm glad she got so much joy out of them. I still love going through my Mom's jewelry every time I'm home. Have you gotten an extender for that necklace yet, Mom? Just checkin........

I had a bad day with the diet on Sunday. Pretty much ate whatever I wanted. Carbs and sugar. It was day 21 and I was just DONE. But I am back on the wagon today.  It's not how many times you fall, it's how many times you get back up!  Geez....can you tell I work in athletics? HA! I had a great long talk with my bro last night. Love him. He is so excited to be a Dad!

Hudy is back and my Mom comes back tomorrow although I have strict instructions to NOT call her until she calls me so she can sleep. RUDE! But I am excited to have all my little ducks back! HA! Talk at you all tomorrow!

Smooches,

THE DARLING DIVA

No comments:

Post a Comment