Wednesday, May 25, 2011

29 AND HOLDING.........

Welp, the day is almost here. Tomorrow is my 30th birthday.  Yuck.  I can't tell you how many women have told me lately that their 30's were WAY better then their 20's. Although I am not buying it......I guess I will soon find out for myself! HA! I'm just not feeling it today. I am tired and my skin is having some mid-life freak out of it's own. I have a couple of those deep, underground zits on my chin. Ya know the kind that make your eyes water if they are touched.  That makes putting makeup on REALLY fun.  BLAH.  I scheduled an emergency facial tonight.  It isn't one of those luxurious, relaxing facials though.  It is a BUSINESS facial-complete with digging and scrubbing.  Hopefully it will be worth it because I don't want to be ringing in my 30's with a pizza face. That doesn't make for cute pics........................

Yesterday Hudy had minor surgery on her leg. So I, being the GREATEST best friend in the world, took her, waited at the hospital, and then drove her home.  Half way through the procedure the doctor came out in the waiting room and told me that she was having an allergic reaction to something they gave her and she was having trouble breathing. They were concerned so they were calling a cardiologist down to help REVIVE her.  I was panicked. I started tearing up and gathering my things so I could go back and find her.  Then, as he was finishing telling me what was going on, he starts smiling and laughing.  I was thinking, "Why the HE** are you laughing while my friend is in there in trouble!?!?!?!" I was about to smack him when he said, "Just kidding. Hudy asked me to come out and scare you. She said it would be funny. She is doing really well and you can go back and see her now."  SERIOUSLY?!?!?! I was so mad I made her walk home.  Just kidding..........but I didn't talk to her for like 30 minutes. Here she is post-operation.....hamming it up for the camera so she gets more sympathy.....typical.


I got back to my office and had the most fun suprise waiting for me.......Harrison's birth announcement.  It was just darling!  Lora is for sure going to help me with mine....if I ever have kids! HA! This is the full page picture on the back of the card. I mean, can you STAND it?  So cute.....................


I just got off the phone with my Momma. She is home safe and sound. My poor Dad had to go directly to meetings out of town so he is not quite home yet. Poor guy. I am sure he is exhausted. I guess that is what he gets for living the "fabulous life." HA!  It sounds like they had a great time on their trip and I am so happy for them that they got to go. Selfishly though, I am glad she is home:)

So the next time I post I will officially be in my 30's. But for the rest of today, I am still 29 and holding........

Smooches,

THE DARLING DIVA

No comments:

Post a Comment