Monday, May 9, 2011

LESSON #1....DON'T FORGET THE SUNSCREEN.........

YOYOYOYOYO Everyone! Just hung up the phone from my morning chat with Coach O. (Katie) in VA. Her voice sounds happy today, so that puts me in a great mood. I hate it when my friends are struggling and this week has been tough for the "three amigos."  HA! 

Friday night I didn't do much except help Hudy organize her new bedroom set she got and put all of her clothes away. After, we went down to the Eldridge because I they have the best steak in town and I was desperate for food other than chicken wings and ground beef!

Saturday started out with a great Wayne workout. I like my new group training a lot more then when I was training solo. Remember- I'm a social workout girl! HA!  It's also WAY easier on the wallet. I also went down to the Gap. They were having a 50% off sale on all t-shirts so I scooped up a few v-neck's in bright colors for the summer.  Afterwards, we went out on the lake for our first lake day of the summer.  I lathered up on the sunscreen so not to get burned and Hudy taught me how to work the new "lift" for the boat. It was a successfull lesson, but I doubt she lets me operate it by myself anytime soon. HA! The water was PERFECT and  we tied up with my long-time friend, Manager Jamie's, boat and just chilled and listened to music.  After 4 or 5 hours, we were tired and I wanted to go get a mani/ pedi so we went in (I went with bubble gum pink on the toes and hands. A little "Barbie" but I thought fun for the summer).

Not so confident in the bathing suit bod yet. So this is my first lake pic :)


 That night Hudy and I went down to KC to go out and meet up with some of her friends who were visiting for a strength and conditioning conference. Since I can't drink, I was the DD but it was still soooooo fun. We didn't get home until like 1:30, which is unheard of for our little family! HA! Sometimes we act like we are 30 going on 70!



Aren't we cute ?:)  Just missing Katie :(



Sunday morning I got up and ran/walked "the loop", which is a 7 mile trail around our town.  I did pretty good, but my only fault was that I didn't put sunscreen on my forehead. At 8 am it didn't even cross my mind! Now I am paying for it. It kills when I blow dry my hair!  Hudy and I ran some errands around town and then went out for a couple more hours on the lake.  It was way windy though, so it wasn't as fun as Saturday. We headed in early so I could go see Lora and Hudson and the rest of her family.  I LOVE Sunday nights at Grandpa Harwood's house. Love.

Welp, that was pretty much my weekend in a nutshell. Next weekend is Hudy's strength conference that she runs every year so I'm glad I got this weekend to just chill. The conference is a pretty big deal so I took Friday off of work so I could help her out with registration and just be there if she needs anything.  It will be go go go all weekend, but at least I get to look at guys with big muscles all weekend. My fave. HA!


Last, but CERTAINLY not least,  I want to say HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to the most beautiful woman I know, MY MOMMA. She is my best friend and my family's everything.  She is the social director, counselor, house manager and shoulder to cry on. Her cooking leaves a little to be desired, but nobody's perfect. HA!  She is my first phone call every morning and I couldn't live without her. LOVE YOU MOM!!!! I hope you had a great day!




Smooches,

THE DARLING DIVA

No comments:

Post a Comment