Tuesday, May 17, 2011

PRAYER REQUEST

I wanted to end today with a prayer request. Some of you may have heard of the NHL star, Derek Boogard, who was found dead in his apartment on Friday.  He was the older brother of one of our players, Krysten. He was 28. They are a very close family and Derek was just here two weeks ago to watch his sister recieve a scholar-athlete award. Here is a picture of Krysten and her brothers taken after the banquet. Krysten is 6'5, by the way, and Derek was 6'8. They were an extremely gifted family athletically but what was most impressive was how close they were.   I am so glad they had this time together and I hope she keeps the memories of that night and weekend in the front of her mind. I saw them together and they looked like such a loving family. 


Krysten is devestated. Please lift her and her family up and keep them in your prayers.  Bonnie and some of our players are headed to Canada this weekend for the memorial services. I can't go becuase I don't have a passport, but I will be thinking of them the whole weekend.

Here is the link to the ESPN ARTICLE about Derek. 

It's times like this that makes me realize how BLESSED I am.  I know it's cliche, but tell your important people that you love them everyday.

Smooches,

THE DARLING DIVA

No comments:

Post a Comment