Friday, June 10, 2011

I'M A SURVIVOR

Welp, we survived day 1!   Everyone is still smiling! It actually wasn't that bad....just a few hiccups, but that is normal.  No cute single dads yet but we still have 3 camps to go so I am holding out hope. The social at  Bonnie's house was good except for the fact that her movie theater screen didn't work so we had to call a technician.  Rich people problems! HA!  I haven't really been following the NBA finals so I had no clue who to root for. Last night I chose the Heat because they have a couple of KU players.  Usually I go on jeresy colors if I don't really have a favorite. 

I got home pretty late and woke up early to workout. I am one of those people who needs 8 hours of sleep MINIMUM to survive. I will def be relying heavily on caffine today.  We go with camp all day and then another social tonight. It is pouring rain here so that is a bummer. Thank goodness basketball is an indoor sport. HA!  I was switching bags from my purse to the camp-friendly backpack (blah) and I realized that there were some things I just couldn't get through the day with out. My "camp survival kit" contains the following:

My phone.  Our office is in CONSTANT communication. I mean, the last text I got last night was at 11:23 PM last night.  No, during camp, we don't sleep. I have Bonnie calling, Cappy texting, Brooke emailing, and me sneaking peeks at my facebook in between sessions. The phone is our lifeline:





Fountain Diet Coke. This one is specific. Not plastic-bottle Diet Coke.  The kind you get at a gas station or Sonic. With the rabbit pebble ice. I would take a can in a pinch but def prefer the fountain drink. My co-workers know if they want to get me to do something for them.....bring me a fountain diet coke.


My "lippy."  My lipstick.  MAC Sappho is the standard summer color but I would put anything with a dark pink/light red tint on. When I'm feeling/looking tired (today) it brightens up my face. As my Momma says, "Lipstick is the exclamation point on your face!"  Word.


Comfortable shoes. I do a LOT of walking during camp.  We operate out of three gyms, our office, and the dorms. I am supposed to be rocking Adidas kicks, but I go with sparkly Toms. Close enough. I have them in three colors- black, silver and gold. I  L.O.V.E. my TOMS.


My favorite co-workers.  Of course I'm missing Coach O. but the cupboard wasn't left bare.  I still have a whole office full of great peeps that I get to spend A LOT of camp time with:)  I couldn't do it without them :)




So anyhoo, I don't know if any of you are planning on runnning/starting your own camp this summer (not recommended) but at least you know what gets me through these days.   HA! Our office motto during June is basically, "Survive and move on." HA!


Smooches,

THE DARLING DIVA

No comments:

Post a Comment