Monday, June 13, 2011

LEAVING ON A JET PLANE........

Not much to report from the weekend.  Pretty boring stuff, but sometimes boring is good. Camp ended at noon on Saturday so I got a whole lot accomplished around my house and with my laundry situation. And let me tell you, THAT was a situation.  I am happy to report that my guest room in now back to a guest room and all my 35 loads of laundry (only a slight exageration) are folded, hung and put away.  LOVE that.  I have this thing about leaving on a trip and having my house be perfect.  I think I get it from my Mom.  Coming home to a clean house after being away is really nice. I love everything about my little house except for my carpet in my living room. That is the next situation I have to tackle. I did get out a little bit and ran a few errands. I haven't been able to find a iPhone 4 cover that I love without breaking the bank so I took matters into my own hands and made my own. I got a $4.99 pink cover from TJ MAXX and then scooted over to Micheals and bought some stickers....TA-DAAAAAAA:


It's isn't what I want for my "forever cover" but for right now I think it is really cute.  Other than that, not much more to report from the weekend. I worked out both days, and hung out with Hudy and the dogs both nights.  We went over and visited our friend Karen last night and hung out with her family. Hudy and Ashlyn (Karen's daughter) went after it on the hoop in their driveway.  Hudy, of course, showed no mercy eventhough Aslyn in 6.  Typical. 

One thing that I didn't accomplish was getting any sun. I missed the boat day because I thought I had to meet the camp pizza guy at noon on Saturday. Turns out my job was given to someone else without anybody telling me. GRRRRRRRR! It was the most perfect boat day too. Oh well, I will get plenty of sun at my parents house. 

Anyhoo.....I just have a few more hours before I leave and tonight I will be sleeping in my room in California.  Love that.  I forgot to check into my flight so I got a "B-52". All you Southwest people know what I'm talking about.  I can't even tell my Dad. He will dissown me. We don't get anything less then "A" in our family.

I can't wait to be in California and see my family. We have had a lot of loss over the past year and I hope that everyone can start healing soon.  I'm going to steal KU basketball's motto from this season.... "F.O.E." ....Family Over Everything.



Smooches,

THE DARLING DIVA

No comments:

Post a Comment