Monday, June 6, 2011

WEEKEND RAMBLINGS

This weekend can be described with four words...FUN IN THE SUN. It was beautiful outside and I took FULL advantage of it.  On Saturday I went to Johnny's for lunch with Erica and Lora. It was so fun to catch up and hear how everyone is doing. I see Lora all the time, but my time with Erica is limited becaue she lives so far away (Although she just moved 3 hours closer so I am hoping for more lunch dates and such).  She is also a full time career woman and mommy and coaches wife.  Triple threat.  After lunch with my girls I went over to the Eudora public pool with my friends from work, Katie and Ann.  Katie had her son, Charlie, with her. He is adorbs.  I went and saw him when he was a premie in the NICU after he was born and now he is running around, playing with kids, and talking up a storm.  Life is so amazing.  I got some good color and was responsible with the sunscreen. Go me.

Sunday morning I woke up and it was another beautiful day. I went over to Lora's house and played with Hudson in his baby pool. He also helped me wash my car. "Manna's car dewrty." HA!


It really was great fun except for the fact that I wasn't as responsible as the day before with the sunscreen. I swear I was only out there for two hours! OUCH!   At least I put it on my face though so I won't flake and look like I have dandriff. HA!

That night I went over to Bonnie's house to have dinner with the team. Yesterday, all the freshman got here and moved into their dorms and joined the rest of the team for summer school and summer workouts. We ate good food and watched the NBA Finals.  It was good to have the "family" back together.  Obviously, it was weird not having Coach O there. I admit, I did call her on the way home and cry. It is getting easier though. The path to the 2011/2012 season starts now................









  (This is the only pic I got of me all weekend. I would much rather be behind the camera then in front of it!)


Bonnie has a huge pond (kind of a mini lake) in her back yard so a bunch of players, staff, and family went down to check it out. Weird, we have had a million dinners at Bonnie's and this is the first time anyone has ventured out there. I stayed on the deck though.  Unless there is a boat or a dock, I am not interested. HA!

Side note: I got this swimsuit over the weekend. I got it from Linda's Online.  I shopped from this place before and been extremely happy with the results. It specializes in swimsuits for the "blessed in the chest" girls.  I wore my new zebra print one last weekend.  I got tons of compliments and was very comfortable so I decided to get this one too.  I only ordered the top, and if it fits, I will order the bottoms too. I could always wear my plain black bottoms until they matching ones arrive. I can't wait for it to come!





I am doing pretty good on the diet. I fell off the wagon a little last night at Bonnie's. Just couldn't resist the pizza and ice cream. It really was the only option. I'm lucky that I am not exposed to that stuff often because I had ZERO will power! HA! I have had two compliments this morning about how I am looking. I even got a, "It's melting off of you." I wish!!!! HA!!!! But hearing those things is good motivation.

I just booked a flight home for next week. This girl needs her Momma......and to see her Grandpa :(.   It will be a much needed trip home since I probably won't be home untill next Christmas. Hopefully the weather will be good. And I won't have to worry about getting burned. My Mom is a STICKLER for sunscreen. HA!

Smooches,

THE DARLING DIVA

No comments:

Post a Comment