Tuesday, June 7, 2011

YOU DON'T REALLY APPRECIATE SOMETHING UNTIL IT'S GONE

I am a pretty self reliant girl. I don't really depend on anyone or anything to survive but myself (I kid. I couldn't even get that out without laughing in my head).  I have HUGE dependency issues, we all know this. I depend on a lot of people.   I depend on my parents, my friends, my brother, my boss, my puppy......  I also depend on THINGS. My car, my phone, my hair rollers, Proactiv....I could go on and on.  One thing I never really appreciated was my washer/ dryer.  That is, until it no longer worked.  It konked out on my during the BIG XII tournament this year. Could there be a worse time? NOPE.  And after three months, two service calls, and about $400 in repair fees, it quit for good. I don't really blame it. It takes a lot of laundry loads to keep and active young lady, with three wardrobe changes a day, clean.  I am so excited because this morning
they delivered my brand new washer and dryer:

TA DAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!Isn't she pretty?!?!?!?! Thanks, Mom and Dad for the belated birthday present. I am going to see how long I can stretch this 30th birthday out :)....Hopefully I will still be getting birthday gifts for the next six months!

I am feeling a little down today. Maybe it's the hot weather. Maybe it's "my time of the month." Maybe it's because I am so tired.  Who knows. I am going to go home tonight, eat my fresh strawberry salad, and wash my sheets.  There is nothing better than to slip into bed with clean sheets. And now I won't have to go to a laundry mat to get that done!  This day is looking up already! HA!

Smooches,

THE DARLING DIVA 

No comments:

Post a Comment