Monday, April 18, 2011

SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE.........

This past weekend was great. I met some friends out Friday night at The Salty Iguana for some dinner and drinks. I love their SkinnyGirl Margaritas and Guiltless Chicken Fajitas. I went with Hudy, who I am always with, but met up with some friends that I don't really see all that often.  I mean, we work in the same building, but our schedules are so hectic during the year it seems like we are miles away!!  It was great catching up with them and a few laughs. Well, a lot of laughs! Ha!





Saturday started out early after a short workout and stretch I went over and helped Ann paint for a little bit. Well, I actually layed on the ground and talked to everyone while THEY painted.  I figured that was putting my best skills to use :) Then I went over to Junior's house and had some din din and played with Hudson. He had just seen the Easter Bunny that day so he was obsessed with hiding and finding eggs.Lulu came with me because the Wedds have a huge fenced in yard and Lulu is in heaven there. I taught Hudson to say, "Lulu is a diva." He just kept repeating it! Scott was so happy with me!  HA! Shane was home too so that was fun to see him. It was early to bed before my big race on Sunday.

Sunday came REALLY early. I met a bunch of people at work at 6:50 am so we could all drive over to the course together.  The race started right on time and I cruised through the first 10 miles fine......the last 3.2 miles were HELL though. I mean, I thought for sure they miscalculated the course and we actually went 15 miles! HA! I survived though, and didn't walk ONCE. Go me!  When I crossed the finish line all my yahoos were waiting there for me. Excuse the grainy pics... I had a friend take them with her cell and they didn't turn out that great! But you guys will get the general idea :)


Me crossing the finish line.

Hudy and Dooley waiting for me to finish. They waited a long time. HA!

After we all went home and showered we met up at the local gourmet burger place to grub and grab some drinks. We had grand ideas about getting tipsy and celebrating our accomplishments. Let me tell you, we were all DUDS! First off, we scarfed down our meals because we were so hungry. I don't think any of us actually tasted them.  To be honest, after that, we didn't fell like drinking. All I felt like was taking a fat NAP. Everybody agreed and we went our seperate ways.

I'm pretty proud of my accomplishments on the race course. My only goal was to survive and I DID.  I even got a shiny medal that is proudly hanging on my garage door knob with my ones from past years.  Eventhough the run was hard, I really enjoyed just being around all the people.  My Dad likes to tell a story about me not wanting to be moved up to varsity my sophomore year because all my friends were still JV. I actually told the coach "No" until my parents made me call him back. I told my Dad I was a "social rower." I think he choked on his food :)  Well,  I'm a "social runner."  I know, Dad, you are beaming with pride! HA!


Love you all....

Smooches,

THE DARLING DIVA

No comments:

Post a Comment