Thursday, April 21, 2011

THANKFUL THURSDAY

Last night was our end of the year banquet. We spent the night celebrating the 2010-11 season and honoring our seniors, Krysten and Marisha.  It was a chance for us to thank our season ticket holders, Hardwood Club (booster club) members, and administrators. Our seniors get a chance to give a (brief) speech and it usually gets pretty emotional. Last night was no exception.  It was a great night.

I know, horrible pic. But I had to show how cute they all looked dressed up!


 After the banquet the staff went to the Oread and had some drinks, shared a bunch of stories and laughed a whole lot. It was the perfect way to put the '10-'11 season to bed. We've been through a lot, accomplished a lot, and we are a better and stronger staff for it.   Driving home I was just thankful. Thankful that I get to work with my best friends every day. Thankful that I have a great boss who, although sometimes can be difficult (Love ya, Bonnie. You know that. :) ) , is supportive and generous. Thankful that I'm comfortable in my work enviroment and I don't mind going to work every morning, sometimes I'm actually excited. I'm also thankful that I get to work on a college campus with young women everyday. Watching them grow and knowing I am helping them is gratifying. I just wish they would stop missing layups! HA!  Really, my only beef is that I don't make a whole lot of money but I make enough to keep Lulu and I safe (Shout out to Mom and Dad. wink wink.) . Here are some fun pics from the year, our staff and our players.

The "yahoos" after a Hudy workout.

Trena and Hudy at a staff dinner. Typical.

Halloween. Hilarious.

One of many community service events.



Best buddies helping eachother out before a game. Best part is Bonnie in the background giving encouragement.


After we beat RANKED Iowa State!

PINK zone game. My fave game for obvious reasons.

Animal, KO, and I at a team dinner in KC.  Notice the "yahoos" in the background.

My media guide pic this year. Just think it's a cute pic :)

As you can see, we really do have a good time together.  I am so blessed.

I can't wait for next season, ladies! I'm sooooo proud of you all! Enjoy the summer. I know I will :)


Smooches and Rock Chalk,

THE DARLING DIVA 

No comments:

Post a Comment